Monday 30 March 2009

Thoughts from my tutorial today

Today I 'saw' some ideas and some sketches, but I didn't see any creative advertising if you don't mind. Because most of you had the habbit of picking up one aspect from your creative insight and had only tried to extend it hoping to find the right combination to work out a solution.

I'd rather see many many different ideas with a variety of approach following one or two identified creative direction. I need to see exploration of those ideas and thinking in real terms, meaning some test and photos to prove the effectiveness of your thinking.

I also request you to conclude your creative idea in a simple sentence and use it to reinforce your thinking and guide your idea development.

You might be amazed how simple and useful it is to open up the direction for your idea development just by asking "Is there an idea in showing what happens "with" the product, (or "without" the product, or "with and without" the product in your ad?" DO try it out and I'd like to see as many testing as possible next time you see me.

Amy/Zita
Do as I suggested to explore with the various situations and feelings with the different 零食 in your ad. How can you manipulate the products and what will happen? Show me what you'll get.

AuWing/Patrick/Terence
Show me what you can do "with" or "without" the XTC ice-cream, so that people will understand immediately the the many choices it offers?

Fung/Die
Show me what can the Chinese chess do in the ad so that people will WOW and associate it with their daily lives?

Mike
Show me what will happen if every people is getting ready for the 花車?

Flora/Yung
Sorry duty calls, to be continued...

No comments: