Friday 10 April 2009

Join me in fighting poverty!

Today I'd like to promote to all of you the ONE campaign, co-founded by Bono, the lead singer of my favourite band U2. I have added ONE to the Favourite Links, and here is the invitation letter taken from ONE:

Hi all,

This may look like any other email, but it is actually a crucial piece in the fight against extreme poverty.

I’m taking action with ONE, to help spread the word about the difference we can all make when we join together as one in the fight against extreme poverty. While there are many great organizations delivering direct assistance in Africa, ONE is an advocacy organization focused on making sure policymakers and politicians do their part in this important fight. Tens of millions of lives are at stake if they don’t.

So far more than 2 million people around the globe have joined ONE, and more people (like you?) are joining every day.

You can get involved by visiting:
http://www.one.org/

ONE members are making a difference by convincing world leaders to take the simple steps necessary to help the poorest people in the world work their way out of extreme poverty.

I hope that you’ll join me.

Thanks!

2 comments:

DDTse said...

Yes, I had joined.

To move a step forward by using what we good at here. Why not each of us create a poster or whatever message and post here?

what say?

Thomas Kan said...

Good thinking.