Thursday 17 June 2010

The plane won't wait!

We are moving to the new HKDI campus tomorrow so everybody was busy packing and throwing away all unwanted stuff.  It was not an easy job giving the fact that, in my case, some of the belongings had dated back in 1991 - poster designs by my students for the graduation show.  I had used them as reference for other students but now, though unwillingly, I thought they must go.  

Early this week, I found quite a number of uncollected student work which I had put together deliberately in a carton box for students to collect - the RVJs submitted for CS3 in the first semester.  I then sent a note to ask them to get their works back by today before noon, or they will be trashed.

Nobody came this morning so I decided to dispose them into the trash cart after lunch.  At about 3:20 pm, my telephone rang and I heard JJ on the phone: "Can I pick up my work?"

Guess what?

My answer might have been cruel, the poor one had ended up turning over the entire trash cart for her buried RVJ.   Though once again, unwillingly, a lesson is learnt - "The plane won't wait!"

No comments: