Thursday 17 June 2010

Another form of A.I.R.

I did some reading today while background tasking the dragon boat race on TV.  It's about the story of the men who made the adverts that changed our lives.  I came across a line: "... an advertisement worked only if it was noticed, digested and remembered." 

The concept is very simple and it can be applied in circumstances like communicating ideas or expressing viewpoints.  How to get noticed by your audience?  Do they understand or can they digest your information?  Will they remember what you have said?  If there is a no in any of these three questions, you are probably wasting your (and their) time.

Got it!  It's really a different way of saying A.I.R.  So however well you were doing with your design or your "speech", A.I.R. is the only benchmark.

No comments: