Wednesday 16 June 2010

Expression

I received the EE report of our new HD programme (61394) yesterday and was delighted to find these words, "In a commercial world, to be able to express and communicate an idea is almost as important as the idea itself." - Totally agree.  

I don't know how students would react to her words but the fact that most students these days are so reluctant to speak up and when they do speak, they usually end up with long and clumsy words boring the audience if not confusing them.   Whether they think visual communication should be self explained or selling their ideas is a cheap way to get things across - or they are just simply uncomfortable to express their points of view (in front of others)?  My guess is the lack of self confidence.  Prove me I'm wrong!

No comments: