Tuesday 15 June 2010

Elevator Pitch

I was taking to my colleague today about a recent concern about how our graduating students should perform in the graduation show, particularly when being asked to present their designs in front of visiting guests.  These two words pop up in my mind.  Yes the "Elevator Pitch", meaning you have to tell your idea (or main concept) of your design in a succinct and compelling way to impress your audience, within the time you'll normally have in an elevator ride, say 30 seconds.  Sound cool huh?  It is essential for everyone to remember and take that into action.  So, it's time to think about your keywords and key sentences, straight to the point, now can you tell me your design concept or big idea using an "Elevator Pitch"?
Give it a try if you dare!

2 comments:

Eddie Lau said...

I believe in this concept of change one's life in 30 second, if that person is the right one who hold the key of your future. When I have my graduation show after my study in England. The show was held in a wine cellar to meet professionals in London, I kept an unrest marathon to present my project to over 30 people at that evening. Fortunately I gain a harvest of namecards given and this is how me and my partner gained an offer of placement in a DesignBridge London.

Thomas Kan said...

... and we should know well enough that 30 seconds can do a lot. That's how most TV ads are structured - to tell an impressive story in 30 seconds. Yours experience is a very good example for those who want to make things happen. I expect to see our students actively playing such role in their grad show. Thanks for sharing :)